Thursday, November 20, 2008

What Thanksgiving means to me and what I am Thankful for:

Thanksgiving means to me a time for being Thankful for so many things and recognizing them on this special day. It is a day to spend time with family and having fun and eating a feast of food. A day to recognize that being on this Earth and living in America where we are free and have the luxuries, such as food and family.

Yes, luxuries, you see in other countries there is a lot of famine, and people don't have their families like we do.
They cannot just drive to visit relatives nor eat as we will be feasting on this glorious day.

I am so Thankful to have my family and food the whole year long. I am thankful for being free in America, I am Thankful for the services that keep up Free and fight for our freedom. I am thankful for a warm house in the cold state of Pennsylvania. I am Thankful for electricity so I can cook my food, and refrigerate my food, and have lights when it is dark outside. And to heat my furnace and hot water heater for warm water when I or my children take a bath.

I am Thankful for a wonderful husband that goes to work everyday, now working 2 jobs so I can be a SAHM. I am thankful for his love of me and my children, and that he truly is a father. I am thankful he is a loving and caring man. And a wonderful daddy to all four of our children.

I am Thankful for my 4 children. That they are all healthy and growing and intelligent. I am so grateful to have them and hug and kiss them everyday and tell them I love them. I am thankful to be able to provide for them, so they don't have to go hungry or cloth less.

I am Thankful for God in my life. I am Thankful that in America I can pray to any God I like, be any religion I want, and I am free to believe how I want to believe.

I am also Thankful for friends. Friends I can go to when I need someone to talk to. Friends to share experiences with to help each other along. Friends to teach me, and be there for me, and I am there for them. Friends that help me keep my insanity on those tough and trying days. Friends that sit on the computer or phone with me just to chat with when I need an ear to vent to.

Please share with my blog what you are thankful for. I would love to hear! And please enjoy the following link to a Thanksgiving card just for you !!!
Happy Thanksgiving ........ Click here: Pumpkin Pie - animated Flash ecard by Jacquie Lawson


0 comments: