Thursday, December 18, 2008

Did you know this about SEARS ? Pretty Great !!

At Sears, Christmas shopping has already started, as is the case everywhere else, but did you know ???


I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long
the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn
from their commitment. Could we each buy at
least one thing at Sears this year?
How does Sears treat its employees who are called up

for military duty? By law, they are required to
hold their jobs open and available, but nothing
more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and
lose benefits as a result of being called
up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries
and maintaining all benefits, including medical
insurance
and bonus programs, for all called up
reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate
citizen and should be recognized for its
contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears,
and be sure to find a manager to tell them why
we are there so the company gets the positive
reinforcement it well deserves.


Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I
sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail
to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if
it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just
become one very good source of advertisement for
your company. I know I would go out of my way to
buy products from Sears instead of another store
for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that
store.


This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear
Customer:

Thank you for contacting
Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate
your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest
sacrifices our young men and women can make. We
are happy to do our part to lessen the burden
they bear at this time.

Bill
Thorn
Sears Customer Care

webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358


Please
pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to
be recognized for this outstanding contribution
and we need to show them as Americans, we do
appreciate what they are doing for our
military!!!

It's Verified ! By Snopes.com
at:


http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp
(shows the entire article)

1 comments:

grannyvon said...

Sears should also be applauted for their giving. The Show on ABC on Sunday Nights is one of the sponsors of Home Makeover. Sears gives away not only all the appliances but contributes other things also. Some of these have been military families also. I would say they easily give away over $10,000 each week.Probably a lot more this just my guess.ybutler@oppcatv.com