Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spreading Sunshine


Everyone has heard of "Paying It Forward" OR even "playing It Forward", well this is what the "Spreading Sunshine Fund" is all about.

Here is how it works: All of the Donations I get I buy assorted items with such as gift cards, small trinkets, kids toys, food products, etc. And sometimes, it is just me using cash.

Some examples of Spreading Sunshine are that I would pay for the car behind Me's meal in a drive Thru, I can make food gift baskets and place them on random peoples porches with a message inside., I can randomly choose a home that I know has children (I have either spotted children there, or there are signs, IE: toys in yard) and I drop off a gift bag filled with toys, stuffed animals, etc. , I can take gift bags into assisted living buildings, with puzzle books, blankets, and leave them on the door knobs, same as for apartment buildings. I can pay for the person behind Me's groceries at random. There are all sorts of ways to come up with to put smiles on people faces.

***The key is it is ALL at Random and Unexpected, to Brighten One's Day and "Spread Sunshine".

My Mission: Is to do this as often as I can, to as many people as I can, in as many area's as I can.

I hope to be able to get donations (none too small or large) to be able to fulfill this dream of mine.

I love to be able to put a smile on peoples faces and help people. I am all about giving.

Here is an example of a letter I would leave in a gift bag or even can give to the cashier to hand to the person in line behind me or in the drive thru behind me.
(I print it off my computer on pretty paper)

Dear Friend,

You have been "Touched" by a ray of Sunshine, so this is your lucky day.

I know we don't know each other, but that is okay.

I just like to help people out in this very special way.

If you feel one day that you would be able to Spread some Sunshine too.

The person you "tag" will be so appreciative, just like you.

So when you get a chance just remember this day,

and spread some sunshine yourself in this very exact way.

You will have a feeling inside like no other before,

knowing you made a difference that won't be ignored.


Here's to hoping you have a Great Day !

From, "Spreading Sunshine"



If you would like to Donate to the "Spreading Sunshine Fund" please click on the "Donate" button on my blog and give as much as you can. Thank you in advance, your donation will go a long way to brightening someone's day.


If you would like to be a "Spreader of Sunshine" in your area, please email me, I would love to help you set that up.

email : plussizemommy@gmail.com




1 comments:

Mary said...

This is awesome, Beth! I love it. What a wonderful, thoughful idea. I will certainly donate when I can.