Friday, January 2, 2009

My 10 New Years Resolutions of 2009 !!!

Okay, here it goes, I am going to blog my ten New Years Resolutions that I am going to strive for in 2009. This year is going to be awesome, I feel it in my bones.

I usually do NOT make resolutions because, usually most people forget all about them (including myself) by February, but I am going to strive towards these goals, and see where it takes me.(please note, these are not in any specific order)

#1 - Get financially fit - My husband and I do pretty good with money, but it would be nice not to splurge so much and have a bigger savings. After all, I have a son that wants to go to Yale!! There is a lot I want to do around my house that more money would help out on too.
So, I am going to work on this.

#2 - Organization - Well, EVERYTHING I have could use some better organization. So I am going to try and get my entire life organized better, one step at a time. My most needed place is in my office, then I'd say my kids rooms, and thirdly our storage area's (ugh). This will take some time.

#3 - Taking more time for myself - This is probably going to be one of the most challenging area's to "resolute" - As a mommy of 4 (as any mommy knows) it is a rough task to take time any time for yourself. I am aiming for 1 hour per day to spend JUST ON MYSELF. Some may think this is selfish, and it might be but to keep my sanity, I NEED this time to unwind and relax. And I think that out of the 168 hours we have in a week, I think asking for 7 hours out of it, isn't too much to ask for. (This will be great for my readers/followers too because blogging is my time so it will give me more time to work on what I love to do and that is write)

#4 -Getting kids on a better schedule - My children are off kilter right now, a whole lot. I pretty much let loose over the holidays and now I need to get it straightened up. I want the older 2 in bed by 9pm and on a better schedule when they are home after school. And the younger 2 in bed by 8pm. With bringing back my 3 year old nap time at 1 - 2pm and having my 6 month old on a regular nap schedule.

#5 - Getting my 3 year old TOTALLY potty trained - I figured I better have at least 1 goal I can accomplish , hopefully, pretty quickly so I can keep the stamina going for the other goals. So I put this one in there. I know it is doable, I just need to be more consistent and put more time and effort into it. (after all my 9 and 11 year old are trained, lol) She is actually doing pretty well, but she needs to get totally out of the diapers, I want her to be ready for some type of preschool in the fall and most require it anyways.

#6 - HEALTH - I want to be more HEALTH focused in 2009. For my entire family. This includes, better Healthier meal prep. by me. I want to be more choosy on what we eat. I want to eat out less often. I want a vegetable in EVERY meal. I want less soda and more water. I think this will help us all feel better and be less sickness going around, and less Dr. office visits. I also want to focus on mental health. Most of you don't know but I am currently struggling with Postpartum Depression, and it is a roller coaster I do not wish upon anyone!!! I am currently on meds. and I hate that, but as my wonderful Dr. has told me, it isn't any different than a diabetic needing insulin. But as with some diabetics they can control it with diet, well I want to be on a "mental diet" and work on getting well with this too. It will be beneficial to my whole family, not just myself.

#7 - More Giving - Well, I am starting my "Spreading Sunshine" fund. I REALLY REALLY believe in this and I want to work on it MORE. I want to give more, and do more with this. I truly think that it will catch on and people all over the place can "feel" my rays of light beams shining on them. I love to give and see smiles on every ones faces. I am going to try my best to do at least 1 "GIVE" per week this year, and 1 per day next December !!! I am going to keep track and see how it goes.

#8 - Weight Loss and Toning - Well, I saved this one toward the end of the list cause it is the one I hate to talk about the most. I am PRAYING on this and hoping that working with the Wii fitness moms and families and with some of my other friends that are also tying to lose this year, I can get the motivation I need to accomplish this task. I am also going to keep track of the pounds I lose and keep you all updated. That's all I am going to say about this topic.

#9 - Getting my 3 year old into her OWN bed - It saddens me to talk about this one, probably more so than the weight loss, but my 3 year old daughter is STILL in my husband and mines bed. A lot of people may say this isn't such a bad thing, but the circumstances here are very very hard to explain. I will just say it occurred when she was in the hospital with her 2 lung surgeries, and then we came home, and it had abscessed from there. She is NOT an easy child to deal with. People who know me, most times, shake their heads. My family just keeps telling me "you have to do something about her" but offers no other help. It is difficult to say the least. But I am determined that by Dec. 31st, 2009 she WILL be sleeping in her own bed.

#10 - Gaining more control over my children - This goes along with the #9 except with all 4 of them. The best I can say about this is my 11 year old needs more help being less shy. My 9 year old needs more help with school, discipline, and organization. My 3 year old needs help with not being so "attached to me" and I need to gain more control over her on other things too. Lastly my lil peanut 6 month old, well, I just want to work with her on usual development, like learning to walk, talk, drink from a cup, all when the times are ready.

And if I can accomplish these I will have a bonus one to work on, which will be spending more time with my hubby. For now we are both so busy that it is not conceivable to put this in the top 10. But it isn't like I don't want to work on this. I will put this under the hour by myself for now and after I start marking stuff off of my list I will replace one with adding more time for him.

2 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR
MAY THE GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS YOU WISH
[CLICK BELLOW FOR THE CARD]
http://www.images.dgreetings.com/newimages/newyear/2005/new-year-floral1.jpg

I have read some of your posts. I would revisit, as I liked your writings.

Naval Langa
MY SHOORT STORIES

Other Blog
LIFESTYLE AND REALATIONSHIP

silverhartgirl said...

You are going to have a busy year.lol
I am trying to get my almost 3 year old potty trained.I a lot of the same goals. I would love to hear more about your Spreading Sunshine that sounds so fun.